By Rachel - 4/08/2014 04:29:00 PM

D I Y   |   p a t t e r n e d   p o c k e t

i originally found this idea on good ol' pinterest, (the source for 99 percent of my DIY's haha), and although i'm not much of a sewer, i found it suprisingly simple!  i think its a super quick + creative way to snazzy-up a plain t-shirt! hope you all enjoy :)

__________________________________


a l l   y o u   n e e d :
plain t-shirt
patterned fabric
scissors
pins
thread

1. find a plain t-shirt + some cool fabric. i went to the thrift store and found a cheap piece of fabric for the pocket but you could definitely just use some fabric scraps! and the t-shirt is a men's shirt from Old Navy.

2. cut out your pocket. try different sizes and see what you like best!

3. pin + sew. using pins, find the perfect placement for the pocket. this step took me a little while but i would recommend trying it on to see where the pocket lays on your body. then it's sewing time! i hand-sewed mine on, but if you are nifty with a sewing machine i would definitely recommend using one! (it saves you many pesky and painful pokes haha)

voila! you got a rad t-shirt :)

much love,
rach 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 c o m m e n t s

  1. I love this - and it looks pretty simple too. I love the fabric you used against the top too, they go so well together!
    Have a lovely rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little pocket DIY! Pinterest serves as inspiration for most of my DIY's too. I really will have to give this a shot. Also, I just stumbled across your blog and think it's wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this DIY, it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look so easy!! I wish I wasn't such a clumsy thumbsy when it comes to sewing

    ReplyDelete